Skip to main content

Week 7/19/21 - 7/23/21: 35 Miles

‘Flaming Star’ from 1960 with Elvis Presley, John McIntire, and Barbara Eden.

Monday 7/19/21

Tonight I started watching ‘Flaming Star’ from 1960 with Elvis Presley, John McIntire, and Barbara Eden.

I did 6.5 miles in 40 minutes on the elliptical at medium resistance and a steady pace.

IMDb Movie Outline:  When fighting breaks out between two cultures in West Texas, the mixed-blood Pacer tries to act as a peacemaker, but the "flaming star of death" pulls him irrevocably into the deadly violence.

Learn more about the movie here:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053825/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

See my entire Miles of Movies 2021 list here:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053825/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

-----------------------

‘Flaming Star’ from 1960 with Elvis Presley, John McIntire, and Barbara Eden.
Tuesday 7/20/21

Tonight was night 2 of ‘Flaming Star’ from 1960 with Elvis Presley, John McIntire, and Barbara Eden.

I did 7.2 miles in 40 minutes on the elliptical at medium resistance and a steady pace with short bursts at a faster pace.

-----------------------

Wednesday 7/21/21

Tonight I finished 'Flaming Star' and started the 1953 Doris Day musical 'Calamity Jane'.

I did 7.3 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes at medium high resistance, mostly steady pace with a couple bursts at a faster pace.

Calamity Jane IMDb Movie Outline: The story of Calamity Jane, her saloon, and her romance with Wild Bill Hickok.

Learn more about the movie here:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045591/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

‘Calamity Jane’ from 1953 starring Doris Day.
Flaming Star is # 73 and Calamity Jane is # 74 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb Movie List: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

-----------------------

Thursday 7/22/21

Tonight was night 2 of ‘Calamity Jane’ from 1953 starring Doris Day.

I did 8 miles in 40min, 45sec, on the elliptical at a medium low resistance and a faster pace with bursts at higher speed.

-----------------------

Friday 7/23/21

Tonight I finished the 1953 Doris Day musical 'Calamity Jane'.

I did 6 miles in 36 minutes on the elliptical at medium high resistance and a steady pace.

I'm ready for two days of rest!

-----------------------

Western Movies: Flaming Star with Elvis Presley and Calamity Jane with Doris Day
Weekly Stats: 7/19 - 7/23/21

- Did 35 miles on the elliptical in 3hrs, 16min
- Watched two movies (Flaming Star, Calamity Jane)

This week's movies are #73 and #74 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb list:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

Both movies were added to my I Love Westerns! list:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls505716806/

Flaming Star is #22 on my Elvis Movies I've Watched! list:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls505495782/

Calamity Jane earned a spot on my June Brides list:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls081699479

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10/11/21: 15.37 Miles

Weekly Stats: 10/11/21 - 10/15/21: 15.37 miles on the elliptical in 1hr, 35min (Monday - Friday) Week 9 using the Gym Boss Interval Timer (20sec high-intensity pace & 60sec recovery pace)  Watched one movie ( The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle from 1939); #86 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb list and the 8th Fred Astaire movie I've watched this year while exercising! 

Wednesday 12/15/21: 4.56 Miles

Done with Day 3 of working out! Today's Afternoon Workout: 4.56 miles on the elliptical in 23:24 minutes; five-minute warmup at resistance level 9, then 13:35 minutes doing intervals at resistance level 8, and the rest of the time was at resistance level 9. 10 intervals using the Gym Boss Interval Timer ; 20 seconds high intensity/fast, followed by 1 minute at a cool-down/slower pace.  Third day of watching 'The Barkleys of Broadway' from 1949, starring Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, and Oscar Levant. Today's movie segment included one song-and-dance number with Fred Astaire 'Shoes with Wings On'! IMDb Movie Outline: A married musical team splits up so the wife can become a serious actress. Learn more about the movie here on IMDb . #95 on my Miles of Movies 2021 list and my 11th Fred Astaire workout movie this year!

2022 Totals: 1,002 Miles

January - December 2022: 1,002.62 miles in 84 hours, 44 minutes (3 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes) The miles are equivalent to a little over 38 marathons, averaging 3 marathons a month! Exercised 203 days out of 365 (157 days elliptical; 70 days kettlebell) Some days I did both elliptical and kettlebell, and some days I did one and not the other. Watched 52 movies, 3 documentaries, and 3 TV shows (listed chronologically on my Miles of Movies 2022 IMDb list ; see full list alphabetized in blog sidebar) 2.62 miles over year goal of 1,000 miles! It's been a good year, the first full year on the elliptical! My husband had to make some adjustments to the machine this year, tightening screws due to use and lubricating when it got squeaky, but other than that is has held up great and hasn't been turned into a clothes rack! I took time off this year, all of August due to extreme heat and Covid illness, and then another few weeks off between October and November; my year goal of 1,000 miles...

Week 5/17/21 - 5/21/21: 6.7 Miles

- Completed Part 4 of the documentary ‘Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult’ - Walked 6.7 miles in 1hr, 20min (Friday) IMDb Documentary Outline: Seduced follows India Oxenberg's abuse and her own culpability inside the NXIVM cult, an organization marketed as a self-help group. Learn more about the documentary here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt13269706 My DVR is full of movies & TV shows I've put off watching, so this is a list of what I've watched while spending time on my new treadmill! I'm curious to see how many movies I'll get through in 2021. See what I’ve been watching while walking on my treadmill here: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

Week 09/27/21: 16.35 Miles

Weekly Stats: 09/27/21 - 10/01/21: 16.35 miles on the elliptical in 1hr, 40min (Monday - Friday) Week 7 using the Gym Boss Interval Timer (20sec high-intensity pace & 60sec recovery pace)  Watched one movie ( Tea for Two from 1950); #84 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb list !