Skip to main content

Week 7/12/21 - 7/16/21: 34.4 Miles

'Speedway' from 1968 with Elvis Presley, Bill Bixby, and Nancy Sinatra.

Monday: 7/12/21

Tonight I started watching 'Speedway' from 1968 with Elvis Presley, Bill Bixby, and Nancy Sinatra.

I did 7 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes; medium high resistance the whole time, no intervals but a good push the last 10 minutes to get in two miles to finish at 7 miles.

IMDb Movie Outline: Poor bookkeeping saddles stock car driver Steve Grayson with a huge bill for back taxes which hampers his ability to continue racing competitively.

Learn more about the movie here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063634

Miles of Movies 2021: IMDb Movie List: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

-----------------------

'Speedway' from 1968 with Elvis Presley, Bill Bixby, and Nancy Sinatra.
Tuesday: 7/13/21

Tonight was night 2 of the Elvis flick 'Speedway'.

I did 7.2 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes at medium high resistance and steady pace (between 10 and 11mph).

-----------------------

Wednesday: 7/14/21 

Tonight I finished 'Speedway' and started another Elvis movie 'Live a Little, Love a Little', also directed by Norman Taurog and also from 1968.

I did 7.6 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes with intervals:

Elvis movie 'Live a Little, Love a Little', directed by Norman Taurog from 1968
- 5 minutes: medium high resistance at warm-up pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 5 minutes: medium high resistance at slower pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 5 minutes: medium high resistance at slower pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 3 minutes: medium high resistance at slower pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 2 minutes: medium high resistance at cool-down pace

IMDb Movie Outline: Photographer Greg Nolan moonlights in two full-time jobs to pay the rent, but has trouble finding time to do them both without his bosses finding out.

Learn more about the movie here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063231

Speedway is # 71 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb movie list:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

-----------------------

Thursday: 7/15/21

Tonight was night 2 of the 1968 Elvis movie 'Live a Little, Love a Little'.

My workout ended on a high note with the song 'Little Less Conversation' which was re-released in 2002 in a remixed version by Dutch musician Tom Holkenborg, better known as Junkie XL, which is far superior to the movie version, but the movie version is still enjoyable:

I did 7.6 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes with intervals:

- 5 minutes: medium high resistance at warm-up pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 5 minutes: medium high resistance at slower pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 5 minutes: medium high resistance at slower pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 3 minutes: medium high resistance at slower pace
- 5 minutes: low resistance at faster pace
- 2 minutes: medium high resistance at cool-down pace

This is my 14th Elvis movie this year!

See what else of his I've watched on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb movie list: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

-----------------------

Friday: 7/16/21

Tonight I finished 'Live a Little, Love a Little', making it 14 Elvis movies I've watched while working out this year!

1968 Elvis Presley Movies: Speedway and Live a Little, Love a Little
I did 5 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical at medium high resistance and a steady pace.

-----------------------

7/12 - 7/16/21 Weekly Stats:

- 34.4 miles on the elliptical in 3 hrs, 10 min.
- Watched 2 Elvis movies (Speedway; Live a Little, Love a Little)

This week's movies are #71 and #72 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb list: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

This week's movies are #20 and #21 on my Elvis Movies I've Watched IMDb list: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls505495782/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5/17/21 - 5/21/21: 6.7 Miles

- Completed Part 4 of the documentary ‘Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult’ - Walked 6.7 miles in 1hr, 20min (Friday) IMDb Documentary Outline: Seduced follows India Oxenberg's abuse and her own culpability inside the NXIVM cult, an organization marketed as a self-help group. Learn more about the documentary here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt13269706 My DVR is full of movies & TV shows I've put off watching, so this is a list of what I've watched while spending time on my new treadmill! I'm curious to see how many movies I'll get through in 2021. See what I’ve been watching while walking on my treadmill here: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/

June 2021 Totals: 130.5 Miles

Miles of Movies June 2021 Totals: - Elliptical 130.5 miles in 12 hours, 48 minutes - Exercised 20 days during month - Watched 7 full movies and 4 TV shows (Royal Wedding, On Moonlight Bay, The Belle of New York, Family Matters x 4, Chasing a Dream/Miles from Nowhere, Don't Knock the Rock, Bad Boy, Second Chorus); started 1 movie (The Lady Vanishes; will finish in July) Year To Date January - June 2021: - 591.3 miles in 97 hours, 34 minutes - Exercised 115 days out of 181 - Watched 56 movies, 9 TV shows, and 2 documentaries June movies are listed as #57 through #68 on my Miles of Movies 2021 list; see everything I've watched in 2021 while working out here: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084069581/  

Week 10/11/21: 15.37 Miles

Weekly Stats: 10/11/21 - 10/15/21: 15.37 miles on the elliptical in 1hr, 35min (Monday - Friday) Week 9 using the Gym Boss Interval Timer (20sec high-intensity pace & 60sec recovery pace)  Watched one movie ( The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle from 1939); #86 on my Miles of Movies 2021 IMDb list and the 8th Fred Astaire movie I've watched this year while exercising! 

Wednesday 12/15/21: 4.56 Miles

Done with Day 3 of working out! Today's Afternoon Workout: 4.56 miles on the elliptical in 23:24 minutes; five-minute warmup at resistance level 9, then 13:35 minutes doing intervals at resistance level 8, and the rest of the time was at resistance level 9. 10 intervals using the Gym Boss Interval Timer ; 20 seconds high intensity/fast, followed by 1 minute at a cool-down/slower pace.  Third day of watching 'The Barkleys of Broadway' from 1949, starring Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, and Oscar Levant. Today's movie segment included one song-and-dance number with Fred Astaire 'Shoes with Wings On'! IMDb Movie Outline: A married musical team splits up so the wife can become a serious actress. Learn more about the movie here on IMDb . #95 on my Miles of Movies 2021 list and my 11th Fred Astaire workout movie this year!

2022 Totals: 1,002 Miles

January - December 2022: 1,002.62 miles in 84 hours, 44 minutes (3 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes) The miles are equivalent to a little over 38 marathons, averaging 3 marathons a month! Exercised 203 days out of 365 (157 days elliptical; 70 days kettlebell) Some days I did both elliptical and kettlebell, and some days I did one and not the other. Watched 52 movies, 3 documentaries, and 3 TV shows (listed chronologically on my Miles of Movies 2022 IMDb list ; see full list alphabetized in blog sidebar) 2.62 miles over year goal of 1,000 miles! It's been a good year, the first full year on the elliptical! My husband had to make some adjustments to the machine this year, tightening screws due to use and lubricating when it got squeaky, but other than that is has held up great and hasn't been turned into a clothes rack! I took time off this year, all of August due to extreme heat and Covid illness, and then another few weeks off between October and November; my year goal of 1,000 miles...